Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Know, I Know...

This time I honestly and truly tried to keep up with my entries in this thing. But for the first time in a very long time, I have been busy with a lot of things.

Not one--many things at once.

Obviously, the first and foremost being my novel that I finally completed (but serious needs a good copyediting job) along with submiiting several blog entries for my new online job (one would think it woudl be easy to throw in an extra blog for myself considering that I got the job because of this blog!) At any rate, I've been doing that and submitting my work for future publications. On top of that, I receive a couple of stories bakc, already published without my formal permission. I'm cool with the editor so it isn't dirt off my shoulders unless he forgets to send me my check.

This month I have been lazily working on my board game, getting ready to submit to a gaming firm, New Funtiers. I originally sumitted it to Seven Towns in London last year. They liked the game but were looking to o a different direction. Being that the shelf space for board games are shrinking worldwide in place of video games and other interactive games. While my game has its strong points in education, it missed the driving makring at the time. This go around I believe I have greater hopes because of the downturned economy as a way to bring people together. The only bridge I have to cross is wehter or not I want to pay a little extra to give it that "wow" factor before I sent it off. While most companies claim to be happy with the bare basics, floss and gloss catches the eye everytime. Hence the reason, I am in conversation with a graphic artist designer (student) about doing a professional grade to the board. I mean, I got how I want everything to be, but I don't think it can hurt being polished if it is the next million dollar idea. Now the only thing is that I have to go online and find a non-disclosure form for her to sign and stuff along with whatever confidentiality that I need to hold her against, etc. etc.

Aside from nursing my absess on my gums for the past few days (which decided to leave last night and this morning), I have conquered my fear fo the computer last week by successfully in stalling a new power supply pack although that wasn't the presssing problem. My motherboard notices that my CPU fan doesnt' work (it'll cut off shortly after it comes on). So with that being said, I ordered one. It came yesterday proving to be the wrong size, and after typing this up I hope to order the right size. If not, after all that, I think I will tackle getting a new or refurbished motherboard. Since I'm pretty much have built a computer already so I hope that the CPU will be the end all--to work I mean, considering that I have to send the other one back. (Something of a private good luck charm; if it is difficult or an obstacle get in the way first, it means that I'm on the right track.)

Definitely to work so I don't have to spend any more days PC hopping. lol

But driving this whole ordeal I learned or am still learning that I do what I truly put my mind to (Hey maybe I will be featured in Forbes or Fortune or the Robb Report as the new black billionaire before I'm 35!!!) because people will gouge you if they think they can. (I had a computy that tried to charge me $49 for labor on a less-than-five-minute installation on a thirty dollar part that they claimed ost fifty and a CPU fan that I found for five dollars that they were going to charge me twenty for. Heaven forbid that wasnt' the end all because I can only fathom what a motherboard might cost by their standards!)

But I digress.

I also got in some social events this month, from going out of town (to South Carolina) to going to a cookout (though it was a lot of food not a lot of cooking done there!) and got to go bowling, learning a trick or two from someone I am feelign but decided to build a friendship with--before, if possible, get my freak on with.

I got to keep my eyes on the prize--career and financial.

Which brings me to my $10 subscription to Money and Fortune magazines. I guess Forbes felt left out because they sent me an invoice and their magazines (Forbes & Forbes Life). Other than that (without burdening you with the intricacies of writing AND some other things I got in the fire)< I have started reading Game Over by Stephen Leeb and have fallen in love with Chrisette Michele's Epiphany (I'm Leaving).

And that is what I'm about to do...have an epiphany and leave.

Lata.

No comments:

Post a Comment